Monday, October 11, 2010

As mentioned

here, I know where I am going. I have thought about it and I want to be honest, above all with myself. I feel squeezed between two cultures as I was raised catholic but I'm interested in oriental approaches to philosophy, psychology and life in general. I can't tell if I'm buddhist but I can claim that I'm not christian. I do believe in Christ and I love the revolutionary man  and his teachings. I don't believe in other things though and if I relied on faith in the past it's because I needed to believe in God.

I like more philosophical approaches to life and I'm especially inspired by buddhism. So I am going to the East, rather than to the West. In a sense, I'm traveling the spiritual path which seems to lead to the East. So perhaps I was wrong: the two perspectives cannot be brought together or, to put it better, I can't be christian and buddhist at the same time. I'm just a human being who is trying to use a spiritual compass but I need to choose: West or East otherwise I'll get lost.

Loosing one's religion is challenging but I'm pretty much sure of my choice. We will see where life will take me.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that one can actually lose one's religion. It is part of who you are and will always be with you. Anyway, you can always go back to it if you chose to, later. You know where it is ;-)

    Enjoy the journey and I hope you find all the peace and happiness that you desire and deserve (not that I'm entirely sure you're not there already ;-) ). There's some quote about the journey being the thing more than the destination and I think that's really true!

    Plus, life has a funny way of turning out OK in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perchè farsi tutti questi problemi di coscienza, credi in ciò che senti, è quella la via giusta. E poi chi lo ha detto che Gesù Cristo non ha punti in comune con Budda? Ad esempio il fatto che siano entrambi usati come strumenti di controllo da chi detiene il potere per governare chi non lo ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Andy: you are totally right. :)
    Thank you, I've been enjoying the journey so far.
    @Manina: sicuramente cristo ha punti in comune con Buddha. Sono io che non riesco ad essere cristiana e buddista.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Segui il Bene dentro e fuori di te e sarai seguace di Cristo e di Buddha, cioè di quello che le loro vite esprimono: la scelta della verità. Vivi una vita piena e completa e non intellettualizzarla a morte (sto parlando soprattutto a me stessa).

    ReplyDelete
  5. ciao arte,
    sto tentando con tutte le mie forze di non intellettualizzarla....

    ReplyDelete