Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Perspectives

I have put considerable efforts to accomplish professional goals. I really like my job but it is not quite what I expected. I should focus more on relevant issues rather than on things which are far from my responsibility and expertise. Not to mention that I have changed a lot and I have other interests now and private goals I would love to achieve in the near future. My career is not as important to me as it was few years ago and I am certainly open to new job opportunities.

I might open a tea house and pastry shop or even sell my knitting products (well, my scarves). By the way, I'm thinking about uploading a picture of a scarf here and see if someone is interested. I won't make a living with scarves but still, it will be a nice try. If I lost my job I'd probably become seriously involved with Feldenkrais and would try to become a certified teacher.

Until few years ago I wasn't aware of my "body" and of the strict links between body and mind. I wasn't into body & mind issues as books and culture were my main interests. I hadn't been familiar with my body for many years until: a) I stumbled upon a book (this is my way to deal with problems: reading inspiring books); b) I  made a big mistake c) I asked myself what happened to my soul voice d) I underwent a surgery. After all this I realised how much I had lost: my instinctual nature was buried under intellectualism. I dealt with my frustrations and changed my perseptive on life: I don't work anymore on weekends, I listen to my body and I can see the body/mind connections. I've been working on breathing, posture and how to improve my well- being that might be or not related to my daily job. We all have to cope with job related problems, now I am able to put them into the right perspective: job is very important but not as essential as health. I do my best but I don't get stuck: I move on as there are other things in life. It may be sound obvious but it wasn't obvious to me until -as mentioned above- few years ago.

As a writer I love claims, women (I would say human beings) have a soul need to express themselves and they must blossom in ways that are sensible to them. I think I have found ways to blossom which are very important to me and I like sharing and speaking my truth in a clear voice. I'm not obsessed with my job anymore and I do feel much better! Perhaps I've figured out how to open my chakras ;)

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Open a tea shop or a pastry shop :-)

    You've promised pictures of the scarf anyway and, so ............ we wait, patiently ;-)

    On a more serious note - life, jobs, relationships, etc. never really quite turn out as expected. That's life - hahahahaha. To me you seem very well balanced and you look really good - fit, beautiful, 'together', etc., etc. But I do like following this journey of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Andy for the nice comment.
    Grazie davvero.

    I'll upload a picture in the near future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. it seems that YOU might open a pastry shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes but really I like eating the pastries rather than cooking them - and to try to compete with an Italian pastry shop! Never!!

    ReplyDelete