Friday, January 29, 2010

The idiot

I had breakfast with a colleague (the “coffee girl”) of mine and we had a good laugh (and a good croissant) about our job. Right after the morning coffee we went together to a meeting where I barely spoke and she didn’t say a word. Actually I volunteered to do something (always a BIG mistake) as I candidly thought that other people were also involved in the job. It turned out that  I was the only idiot who said “I can do that, no problem”. At this point the coffee girl stared at me and laughed so hard that she had to go the toilet.

Since I was a child I raise my f**** hand to volunteer for everything. I should cut my hands off and keep my mouth shut.

After the meeting I just couldn’t have lunch with someone (“the boring person”). I couldn’t even think about having a sandwich with the boring person who is such a good human being but is boring to death... to put it mildly. And I don’t like the way he drinks, it seems as though we live in the desert. I lied to him and said that I had other arrangements. He bought it which is amazing because it seems that I ALWAYS have other things to do when that persons asks me out for lunch. I went to my favourite place and had melanzane alla parmigiana alone. Give a me a break!

I then checked my email and got a reply from an important author. I’m so glad we are in touch now, I hope to meet him soon. That’s the only good news today. I’ll spend the rest of the afternoon photocopying hundred of pages. I know it sounds old fashioned but I can’t buy all the books I have to study for my project for at least two reasons: I don’t have space and I want to stick to my second new year resolution.

As for the weekend, we’re are going to visit a friend and her new baby. We’ll probably go to see this movie later in the afternoon and then we’re planning to go here which is - to me- the best Indian restaurant in Milan. We haven't been there for a while and I'm so looking forward to eat some good stuff, I love Indian food.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. It's a really good Indian restuarant. Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we did enjoy it! The food was great.

    ReplyDelete