Thursday, January 28, 2010

Venice (again)

The sun helps me feel better and I do feel fine today. Right after I published the post I realized that it was a mistake. I felt guilty because the post is about very private stuff and I didn't want to hurt my partner. However, I also became aware of the fact that "feeling guilty" doesn't help at all. I had the urgent need to write down my problems and the blog is a way to share and feel lighter.

I'm working on an ambitious paper focused on a very specific and complicated topic. I've been reading, analysing and studying many books and I feel lucky as I can explore one the most negleted aspect in my field. It's a lot of work, though, and I don't have much time to write two articles. Hopefully at some point I'll give up reading and I'll start writing.

At the end of the day I need to focus on something else, that's why I picked up a book written by the good contemporary Italian writer Melania Mazzucco. La caduta dell'Angelo is about Tintoretto and it's (obviously) set in Venice. I love reading books set in this magical city. MY Venice is far from the most popular places (San Marco, Rialto and so forth) and thanks to my ucle we had the chance to visit less well known and beautiful parts.

2 comments:

  1. hi Lola, I just stumbled on yr blog now and read only a couple of your posts (for now). I've been contemplating on setting up a blog for quite some time now but never really know what and to start up... I have in mind to just blog about any and everything under the sun. I've been reading heaps and heaps of posts and I was wondering why nobody ever blog about private issues... not because I'm nosy but I thought what if I blog about the issues I have with my hubby (sigh and there's quite a handful) is that acceptable?
    I enjoyed yours so far and I'll be back. I've been thru' enough of yr entries to comment on the issue between you and your boyfriend so I'll refrain from saying anything inappropriate. Good luck and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    many thanks for your comment.
    I don't know if I'm the right person to say what is acceptable in a blog but as long as you respect the privacy of friends, colleagues and partners I don't see any problem.

    I'm glad you enjoy my blog.
    :)

    ReplyDelete