Sunday, January 3, 2010

(Almost) 4 weeks after

Today my lover is E.M. Forster. Yesterday Thomas Mann... not bad, isn't it? I wish I could read for the rest of the day but we're going to the movies. After 4 weeks at home going out it's like engaging in a demanding adventure. I'm fine, I'm not tired and I don't have pain but I like my house so much and I've reached the stage of almost perfect relaxation. However I don't want to live in a golden cage. After all I'll be back at work in a week and I need a physical and psychological workout plan.
Firstly, while it is true that writing in my own language allows me to express myself better, it's also important to keep challenging my brain before it gets too lazy. I still have difficulties focusing. I think it depends on both the anesthetic and the GnRH agonist which has severe side effects and I still have problems. As for the physical, 4 weeks after the surgery is the right moment to begin walking every single day. I did start few days ago but then it was too cold to stay outside for a long period of time. Besides, I've read that it takes up to six weeks to the abdominal muscles and tissues to heal completely so I can't do too much. I feel as I don't need more time to feel better but it seems as I do need time to get back on track again.

2 comments:

  1. I feel very much the same this evening - I've been on vacation (home) for the last three weeks, and it's SO hard going back to work... freetime is addicting. Even without surgery.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see you here, arte.
    It's true, freetime is VERY addicting.

    While in hospital I met someone who lives in Norway. I immediately thought of you :)
    You too!

    ReplyDelete