Monday, January 4, 2010

Tit for tat


Have you ever seek revenge on someone? I have tasted this desire only once in my life but I haven't taken action (yet!!). It struck me though that for the very first time I 'd contemplated a very negative feeling. I was ready to inflict punishment and I planned how to do it during a sleepless night. After few days I got a very good news and all of a sudden I was over it.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really over it. I still fantasize about it even though the "punishment" is very mild. I will never take action, I'm not that type of person. However I had to deal with this primitive desire and I didn't like at all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi-

    I guess if we all did every thing we ever thought about doing a lot of folks would be hurt!! Remember, thoughts and feelings don't cause any harm (except to the person thinking and feeling), only our actions can effect someone.

    Love Gail
    peace......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail,
    it's true: thoughts don't cause any harm but still... it's not easy to deal with negative feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Negative feelings are more harmful to you than anyone else. But they're difficult to aviod, sometimes.

    Yes, I've thought about seeking revenge before now but I recognise them (the thoughts) for what they are and never do anything about them. It's not in my nature either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy: I'm glad I'm not the only "mean" person here ;)

    ReplyDelete