Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Underground Cathedrals & Books & something else

We're going to see some underground cathedrals (see also here) this coming weekend: I can't wait as I love that area. My partner has found a very romantic place to stay. He is pretty good at it ;) We'll be back on Monday afternoon... I can't miss Pilates. I guess I'll need to work out next week:
- tomorrow: lunch with my best friend (pasta with zucchini, mint and fresh ricotta plus dessert);
- Saturday: lunch to celebrate my dad's birthday at a well known (and very good) restaurant not too far from where I live. Dinner with friends (homemade pizza);
- Sunday: Piedmontese cuisine at lunch and dinner, namely not so light food and excellent wines.
- Monday: + 3 kg!

I've just bought two novels written by very good Italian writers: Niccolò Ammaniti and SandroVeronesi. I don't know if their books have been translated into English. Google them, Ammaniti's and Veronesi's books are always worth reading. 

I've been busy lately and I haven't had time to write about a meeting with someone I haven't seen for more than 20 years. She gave me a picture of us when we were 10 years old ... good memories and nostalgia. I'll write soon about it.

I am far better now than last summer which is unusual as one always feels great on holidays. It is possibly related to several aspects. My mom, who has been suffering from a chronic disease for a long time, is doing very well. I can't quite believe it, she is a different person. I love her so much, we are very close and it's great to see her living again. She is busy renewing her house and seems very excited about it. Pilates and Feldenkrais have changed my perspective and I have been changing... for the better (as one of my colleagues told me yesterday). We have been planning our life together and after 13 years I can see major changes coming up. We'll move in together very soon and hopefully have kids. 

Have a good weekend :)


4 comments:

  1. Ciao amore, spero proprio sia un bel weekend, ce lo meritiamo, un bacio, ti amo immensamente, tuo Lele

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can just get a word in......... ;-)
    Sounds lovely, Lola. All of it. Have a great 'long' weekend. So glad to hear your Mum is doing so well.

    I guess it's all quite exciting :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes you can ;)
    Thank you, we're looking forward to it even if the weather forcast is not promising.
    It is indeed very exciting :)

    ReplyDelete