Monday, October 25, 2010

A ray of light (and my belly)

It's been raining since yesterday night. I woke up at 6:40 at it seemed 3 a.m: almost no light which I found very depressing. When I lived in Canada I had to wait until 10 in the morning to see a ray of light. I walked to the University in the dark, every single day. On my way back it was even worse as at 6:30 p.m in Ontario (December) is as dark as in a night without stars and moon. The same applies to the "wet coast": last November in Vancouver was far too dark for me.

I NEED more light! 

On the positive side, I'll go to Pilates later on. It cheers me up as the teacher is so funny and warm. Usually things go like this:

"Lolaaaa"
"Yes"
"Your belly moves. You're not breathing properly"
"It's not true"
"It is. Stop moving your belly, Lola"
"I'm not moving it. I DO have a belly, I'm not flat like you!"
"Nooo. You are not breathing properly. PULL YOUR BELLY BOTTON TO YOUR SPINE, Lola"
"Ok......... I can't"
"What??"

I can tell you, it is challenging. One has to:
- pull the belly botton to the spine
- do the lateral breathing and maintain it through the exercize.

Not to mention when one has to imagine a diamond in the pelvis! Last time my imagination was so powerful that I felt the urge to urinate!  (the culet was too close to my bladder).

3 comments:

  1. HI LOLA_

    crazy as this sounds I love when it gets dark early and I can shut out the world, light a crackling fire, and pour some wine and drink it by the light of the fire and some candles. I can hear the leaves rustle and the wind gently howling and I am safe and cozy inside.

    And pulling the belly button to the spine? After three kids I am pretty sure that's not happening for me :-)

    Love to you
    Gail
    peace......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never could figure out Pilates. It's too brainy for me. I need solid, down to earth, rude things like spinning or aerobics. Sweat'em out!

    And don't mention the darkness. It's getting BAD up here, real BAD. However, as Gail says, it does have its fascination. As long as I don't have to get up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gail: I see what you mean but not in October! ;)
    I haven't had a baby yet but -believe me- it's not happening for me either!
    @Arte: mat pilates is not that brainy. It depends on the teacher though. Spinning??!! Wow, good for you! I know, I've been there and it is quite bad ;) but also wonderful.

    ReplyDelete