Thursday, October 21, 2010

Food and other things

I work at home today which is good as I can walk the dog before doing anything else. I share the office with other people and it's difficult to focus sometimes. As I mentioned elsewhere I need silence to "function", this is why I stay at home at least two out of 5 days per week. I'm planning to work hard today, cook brown rice and knitting (in the evening). Another thing I need -well, my intestine needs- to function is integral food (I'm not sure this is the right word. We say cibo integrale when food such as pasta and rice is brown and rich in fibres. How do you say? Integral or not refined?). I have very peculiar breakfasts: grained flax seeds (that cointain high level of dietary fiber) with dry mango, coconut and yoghurt is what I usually have. My partner says that "I'm not Italian" in this respect as I don't eat ordinary food, rather I prefer organic and vegetarian food. I used to be vegetarian and I still eat meat or fish for no more than -say- two times a week. I don't eat affettati (i.e. ham, salami and so forth)... except when I go to Tuscany as finocchiona is something I can't resist!

**
I'm reading two interesting books. One is non fiction, written by an English author who lives in Italy (no, it's not Andy!). Teach us to sit still has been a very pleasant reading so far. While the second book is fiction, it offers cultural insights which makes it more than just a novel. Both are worth reading. I'm looking forward to read Cunnigham's last novel which will be published in Italian in the next days. However, I'm sure I'll buy it in English ... 

**
I'm planning to write some Feldenkrais chronicles in order to explain the benefits of this method. If I have time, I'll do it in the following weeks.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's the same as what we call 'whole food'. Of course, that implies that the food I eat is half food or something ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI LOLA_

    I love pasta dishes and rice dishes, roasted vegetables and home made pizza meals. I am not a big meat eater. And I was wondering about your spiritual journey which you began to share and then stopped or did I miss something?

    Love to you
    Gail
    peace......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy: thank you for the explanation.
    @Gail: I guess you've missed this
    http://blogprolific.blogspot.com/2010/10/as-mentioned.html
    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete