Friday, October 8, 2010

It's gray

or grey?

I'm not in the mood for anything except for knitting and reading which I can certainly do given that I work at home today. I feel a bit dizzy but I don't know why. It might be related to PMS or even to Feldenkrais as it  releases tensions and I tend to somatize stress. I even didn't go out for a walk with big boy this morning! Anyway, I don't feel bad just... well, I'm sure you are all familiar with "not in the mood" days. I wish I had Pilates today and I also wish I haven't caught the flu!

On the positive side, we'll be going to the mountains until Monday to celebrate my partner's birthday. Hopefully my mood will improve (I'm sure it will). Just the two of us, so it will be a romantic gateway. The poor guy will try to relax and especially to sleep longer in the morning. I usually get up between 6:30 and 7:30 without an alarm clock: I'll finish the first scarf and begin the second while he snores.

Perhaps we will go the mountains also next week to attend a meditation seminar which will be held in a Buddhist monastery. Honestly, it's me who is interested but is he is too sensitive and good to say no. While I'll desperately try to calm my mind, he will fall asleep (guess why I call him sloth?!). I need a sloth, though, as I'm the opposite. I couldn't live with someone like me! He is always calm, easygoing, almost never upset or concerned, balanced and above all he likes sleeping. I have to go to bed before midnight in order to get enough sleep. No matter if he gets to bed at 10 p.m. or 3 a.m. ... he doesn't wake up until someone barks or shouts in his ears. I do wake up if I hear a butterfly flying outside my bedroom window (this is also why I've never moved to a big city: I need SILENCE).

I must confess that in more than 10 years together I've learned how to be less anxious but it has been a longat I have an unknown illness with high mortalty (and neve process and some efforts are still required. I'm better off now because of my sweet sloth and my interest in oriental philosophies otherwhise I would never sleep through the night and probably never stop thinking thr stop checking signs of ovulation: "we have to do it NOW, ok?" Yes, I tend to be this kind of person).

my partner climbing his favourite tree ;)

6 comments:

  1. HI LOLA

    I love gray days :-) hope that if u do have the flu that it is a mild case. have a lovely weekend.

    love gail
    peace and hope.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'll finish the first scarf and begin the second while he snores"

    Hahahahaha. That would be a little like me (the snoring) - except I, too, wake up early.

    I've never found anywhere that's really silent. If it isn't the sound of the street, here, it's the sounds of birds in the morning or, even, the sound of silence - which is almost as bad!

    I think opposites are good. It was like that with V and I and now with F. I've become, in general, more easy-going in direct contrast to my partners' agitations at the smallest of things. It's like a compensation effect. Still, I'm sure that's why F seems more relaxed when it's just the two of us. I hope so.

    Have a good weekend and I hope 'your sloth' enjoys his birthday treat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gail: no flu :) Thanks!
    @Andy: I love the sound of silence ;)
    I agree, I much prefer someone who is NOT like me.
    Thank you, Andy. The weekend was great (too bad we're not there anymore!) and he seemed to enjoy the chocolate & cinnamon cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm. Chocolate and cinnamon cake!

    ReplyDelete