Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Feldenkrais Method

On Mondays I go to a small "cultural" association to do Pilates which I really enjoy despite the fact that it is difficult. Perhpas I like it because it's challenging. I love the environment too: two rooms, low light, few people who call me by my name if you can see what I mean. This small world has nothing in common with gyms that I cannot stand for several reasons (i.e. people sweat like pigs and feel really cool... all muscle and no brain). We are only 5 and A. is a very good teacher and a friendly, warm person as well.

Tonight I went with my best friend to take another course called Feldenkrais. We didn't have a clue about it and it was a pleasant surprise! Wow, I felt so good and we immediately signed up for two months and half course. 4 people and L, the teacher. Honestly, another world opened up: have a look if you are interested in knowing more about it.


5 comments:

  1. HI LOLA-
    fascinating - never heard of Feldenkrais. I joined a gym once - horrid experience. ALl the girls had bouncy pony tails and leotards that crept up their butts and they wore belts with water bottles attached. I wore purple leggings and a long green tee and I heard those perky girls making fun of me - calling me "barney"...I never went back.

    Love you
    Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i know what you mean.
    I really hate gyms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was dreadful. Exactly as you describe. I never went again.

    ReplyDelete