Monday, October 4, 2010

I shall stop writing ( *random SHORT thoughts*)

things like "cut down on travel" as it seems IMPOSSIBLE to stick to this plan. I've just found out that I have to go to Belgium next week (!). I  tried to decline but it seems as though I can't say no. Fine, I'll go for 24 hours.

My front teeth still has problems and we have to wait at least 15 days to take a decision. I'm a bit concerned but there's not much I can do at the moment. I am not too optimistic though.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty busy and I don't know when I'll be able to sit down, think and write like I used to do. I miss my blog and your blogs as well! However, in the evenings -when I'm too tired to switch on my laptop- I enjoy knitting and my first scarf looks good... so far.

I have just received this: hopefully not the uncorrected version! I'm looking forward reading it but I know how Franzen writes so perhaps this is not the right time to immerse myself in his book. Rather, I'll start reading this one and let you know about it.

Speak to you soon


4 comments:

  1. Ah well, one day you will stop travelling so much - at least for work. It's a problem when you're an International star ;-)

    Nothing to say about the teeth - except, don't worry yet since you have to wait 15 days anyway!

    I look forward to seeing the first scarf :-)

    I think I have the second book (given to me by an expat going back to the UK). Never read it though. Perhaps I should if you tell us what it's like :-)

    Enjoy Belgium. It has nice chocolates :-D There's always a good side to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D

    I'll take a picture of it.

    The first book written by Franzen? It's a very good book, his style is peculiar.

    that's right! I love chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read anything by him (Franzen) although in the Guardian, right now, he is getting more publicity than the Queen - which always makes me a little suspicious. Still, let's see what you have to say about it first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see.
    He is considered one the most important/interesting contemporary writer but all this publicity makes me suspicious too.

    I have started Memories of a Geisha which is nice and not so difficult as far as language is concerned.

    ReplyDelete