Friday, June 11, 2010

New template & summer plans

I hope you enjoy my new blog template. I love it! I'm aware my big boy face doesn't really fit with the flowers so I'm planning to remove it but it's hard as he is so cute up there and makes me feel at home. I'll give my readers few days to adjust ...

We have found a place to stay this summer with the dog. It's an apartment in Tuscany not far from the seaside and with a big terrace. There is also a garden to share with other tenants. The landlady is fine with the dog, perhaps because she doesn't know the size? Well, she didn't ask! We got to know her last year so she trusts us and as long as we don't leave big boy alone at home she is ok with him. I'm really glad we have found this place, I love the area: there are 8 kilometres of "free" beach (not sure this is the right word in English. How do you say? I don't mean a naturist beach but a beach that is not private) in a coastal park. It's unlikely we will spend the whole day laying in the sun because of the dog though. But I don't mind, I much prefer to have him with me, there are plenty of things to do anyway.

My main concern is that my partner won't be able to join us and I don't want to spend three weeks without him. He will have to work this summer, we don't know yet if he will have one week of vacation at some point. If he doesn't, I won't stay there for three weeks in a row. 

We are going to the moutain this weekend, I'm looking forward to relax before a really busy week. I feel much better off the pill: stronger, less nervous and even more feminine.

Have a good weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I may come and visit you if it's in july. Mainly, to meet Big Boy of course.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great, arte!
    I'll be there from July 24th. I'll write you an email...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!
    Poppies, i like this word. Papavero is also nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lola-

    this is my/our dream vacation - a villa in Tuscany!! If only in my dreams. I hope your partner can go too and enjoy your weekend in the mountains. Pictures?

    Love to you
    Gail
    peace and hope.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail,
    yes we're going together :)
    I'll definitely post some pics.
    ps. I love Tuscany.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I like the theme, Lola. It kinda suits you :-)

    Sounds like a great holiday plan - but I know what you mean about your partner not being able to join you - it wouldn't be the same for me either.

    I hope you had a lovely time in the mountains.

    p.s. I think free beach is fine and it wouldn't mean naturist beach to us anyway. Certainly, for the British, the whole idea of actually paying to go on a beach is very strange. There are no private beaches (that I know of) in the UK. The first time I came across this was here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andy, I'm glad you like it!

    Hopefully, he will join us for 3-4 days. We will see.

    Ok, I wasn't sure about the word thanks. Really? For us, as you probably know, is normal but it shouldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it seems a strange thing to me, a private beach. I don't like to pay to lie on a beach that is packed with people, where, it seems, there is no room - but, then, I'm not really much of a beach person! :-D

    But, then again, our beaches don't have a restaurant/bar to eat at! So you have facilities at these beaches that we don't have. and I know, because someone was thinking about doing this, the price you pay to rent a cafe on a beach is incredibly high. I guess that's because there is a captive 'audience'! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't seem strange to me because I'm used to it, however I don't like it. I mean, it's "convenient" with kids (private beaches should be clean and have -as you said- facilities) or for old people.

    Rent a cafe on a beach? It would be nice...

    ReplyDelete