Friday, June 11, 2010

Just wondering

Is aperitivo an Italian thing only? I couldn't live without it, especially in the summer. I like light aperitivi though, no pasta or rice. It's a big thing in Italy, not to mention is a way to socialize and have a good chat with friends over a drink. The difference between here and the UK is that we eat finger food and drink something while they mainly drink beer without eating. I couldn't do it as I'd get drunk right away.

It is also true that more than one aperitivo per week means gaining weight very quickly. That's what happens to me at least but I don't really care. It's one of those Italian habits I couldn't give up!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I think it is an Italian thing. I love it too.

    Surely more than 1 aperitivo per week only means gaining weight if you then have a meal afterwards? I mean, sometimes I may have a pizza after but normally nothing - the apero food is quite enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I do either. I don't eat afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, if you don't eat afterwards, you shouldn't really be putting on any weight!!!! ;-)

    Unless, of course, you go to the buffet many, many times :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;)
    well, sometimes I eat "something" afterwards....

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-D Sometimes you do make me laugh, Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  6. .......and still you make me laugh more :-D

    ReplyDelete