Saturday, May 1, 2010

Reconnecting with myself

Although I've been very busy lately, I've also taken time to reconnect with myself. I have become aware of the fact that my body is as important as my brain and I do exercize almost every day. 45 minutes brisk walking and pilates once a week. I am also willing to take up Tai Chi, there will be a free class at my tiny tainy cultural association next week. Pilates is great but as I already mentioned, it 's also very difficult as one has to be constantly focused. I wish I had classes at leat twice a week until September instead of a short course. I am much more aware of my body and my posture and I enjoy that Pilates is slow and controlled so that I have time to adjust my entire body to it. It takes patience though.

I have also changed my diet and I do feel much better even if ... London was far too cold for me and I still have cough and sore throat. I'm now trying with raw garlic which has several health benefits (inter alia, it's a powerful antibiotic), including fighting cough. The main problem with garlic is kissing ;). Don't chew it and you won't have garlic breath.

I feel relaxed and happy with my body also because sexual life is now back to normal. It was so challenging  to deal with sexual related problems due to tough hormonal treatment before and right after surgery. I missed intimacy but I didn't feel confortable with my body. My partner has been incredibly sweet and patient, I'm so lucky.

At this stage of my life, reconnecting with myself means embracing my vulnerabilities and rediscovering my body.

5 comments:

  1. The UK is too cold for me too, Lola.

    That's why I'm here.

    One question - if you don't chew the garlic, what do you do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy,
    it wasn't cold in the afternoon but early in the morning... that's why I'm here too and not in Canada for instance.

    I swallow it with water: it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha - for me it's too cold in the afternoon too!

    Hmmmmm. (about the garlic)

    ReplyDelete
  4. try it! I mean... if you have cough.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete