Sunday, April 25, 2010

Catching up

I'm back in Italy but I have to catch up with a whole week of work. After all, the extra days spent in London were not a waste of time as I reconnected with friends and got to know much better some of them. Even if I need time on my own -like everyone else, I think- I am also very social and I enjoyed being around my Brits, Canadian, Belgian and Greeks friends. Especially the English, I must admit, as I had the wrong idea of "cold" as opposed to the "warm hugs" of both Canadians and Greeks. My English hosts turned out to be friendly, very warm, nice and funny. It seems as though I will always have a place to stay in London which, by the way, is in part of the city I came to love. It's around 40 minutes by tube from the city centre with plenty of ethnic restaurants, green areas and quiet streets. I did have a great time in the UK even if I'm pretty busy now. In any case, it was worth it as my "social capital" is richer than ever.

3 comments:

  1. HI LOLA-]

    welcome home - quite an adventure, huh? :-)

    love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Cold' hugs - hmmm. We don't like touching very much. You must have read about these things in my blog - when me and Best Mate meet, for example? There is the obligatory first hug and last hug - but no hugs in between :-D

    And, even the two hugs we do are self-concious and awkward - and we both love each other to bits :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gail, yes indeed!

    @Andy: Well, perhaps I didn't use the right word (cold).

    ReplyDelete