Monday, May 24, 2010

Changes

I've been thinking about it for a while and now I'm almost certain. Don't worry, I'm not going to close this blog! I just want to change it a little bit. First, the language. While it is true that I like writing in English and I know I have English/American readers who enjoy this blog, it is also true that I feel the urge to use  and "play" with my own language. I don't have to practice my English here! Andy and Gail: I'm sorry but I'm going to write in Italian. I know Andy won't have troubles, but Gail yes :( Artemisia and my partner are Italians ... I'm not aware of other readers (except for MoR who writes in an excellent English but he is romano). Perhaps I do have an unknown and less "visible" audience?
Second, anonymity. If I write in Italian I will be more vulnerable as my colleagues and friends are not confident enough about written English but, obviously, they read blogs in Italian. As anonymity is one the reason why I haven't closed this blog yet (!!), I will have to change personal information (i.e. the blog header and all my big boy pics). 

I hope you will understand. The language issue is a major change, I know. And I'm not even sure if this will work out for me. As I mentioned in the past, I'm too inhibit to write personal stuff in Italian. Anyway, let me try.

Thanks for your patience.

2 comments:

  1. "Andy won't have troubles" - ummmm, yes he will!

    However, I do understand. It would be nothing like (but like, if you see what I mean) me trying to blog in Italian! I admire the fact that you write in English (as I do MoR).

    As long as you don't close it. Please?????????? I promise to try and stay with it - even the Italian version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @grazie andy :) I'm sure you'll understand every single word.
    I won't close it as long as you'll stick with the Italian version. You can comment in English anyway.

    ReplyDelete