Saturday, April 10, 2010

London, Pilates and tips

I'm leaving on Monday and I won't be able to update this blog for a week which is a shame because I'd love to tell you about my crazy (=busy) days in London. I'll meet all my friends on Monday evening and  we'll be working hard until Thursday. I don't have any special plans for Friday and Saturday but I'll be with two girlfriends so I'm sure we'll have fun.

I had my first pilates class yesterday and I enjoyed so much although I found it quite difficult. It's challenging to learn how to breath in a proper way and it takes a while to achieve good alignment and posture. I signed up for a 3 months course, 1 day a week at a sort of "cultural association". I like the fact that we are only 5 (!)and the teacher is really focused on us. I also like the non-gym environment and the lovely girls I met yesterday. I'm eager to learn and I'm looking forward to the second class (after London).

I will try to "work out" while in London as I'm sure I'm going to miss brisk walking with my baby boy. I'm planning to go for 30 minutes walk every -say- 2 days. I don't want to stop using my legs for a whole week! Moreover I feel better (psychologically and physically) when I move. I've recently realized that I've developed my own ways to deal with stress (or life?) which, by the way, are pretty similar to these tips:
  • go to bed early (between 11 and 12)
  • drink a lot of water, especially in the morning
  • take royal jelly in spring and autumn
  • reduce meat and bread consumption and eat much more vegetables and fruits (very easy as I used to be a vegetarian)
  • focus on one deadline at a time ;)
I was planning to work this morning but the weather is great and I don't want to miss the chance to go brisk walking for the last time before leaving with my big boy.

3 comments:

  1. Good tips, they work.
    Personally, I believe in fruit, vegetables and proteines, very little carbohydrates. It works for me. I was a new woman in Thailand (ok, not just the food maybe...)
    I tried pilates a couple of years ago, but I'm not a patient person and couldn't learn it. I need to sweat a lot to feel that I'm working out properly. But pilates, like yoga, is a very good thing.
    Have fun in London, and I hope the Cloud isn't giving you trouble (we are in fact isolated from the rest of the world, weird).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing you're still there! I hope you are OK and that you are being looked after.

    My advice would be to get back by train - any train as I doubt that there'll be any flights next week :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anonymous and Andy: well the clouds did give me troubles but I also had fun and I took a train.

    ReplyDelete