Friday, March 19, 2010

Red and random thoughts

Hi there, I've just met the second -and most important- deadline. Oh my, it has been stressfull and tiring but I am satisfied with my work. I know it's not "perfect" but I am proud of what I have done. So proud that I was off this morning to change haircut + color. I have fancy (very light) red nuances and I can't wait to see my friend's face in less than an hour. My partern likes it (well, via skype he says that I look good). I know these are trivial matters but after a whole month spent on historical books and quite complex topics I need to think about hairs and nails to relax.

I have trip plans for April and May. I'll be in London for a week right after Easter. It's a biz trip but I'll have a couple of days off to visit the city. We're  going to Sicily at the end of April to enjoy the sun, food and lovely places we're planning to see. It will be short but we definitely need to spend time together, besides Sicily is one of my favourite islands.

I do also have plans for the weekend. I'll make a chocolate pear cake with mascarpone instead of butter and I also would like to bake some bread. I NEED to use my hands as my head has had enough serious thoughts. Last sunday we went to the lake with our big boy and it wa so great. He had a blast and we had fun too. It's such a joy to see him running freely.

I have back and neck pain as I've spent a great amount of time in front of my laptop lately. I'm not going to spend 5 more minutes, have a nice week end. Ciao


4 comments:

  1. HI LOLA-

    I am happy for you that you met your 2nd deadline and that you are proud of your work.

    And chocolate pear cake? Mmmmmmmmmmmm

    And I so understand back/neck pain. phew

    Have a wonderful weekend

    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds great, Lola.

    When you're in London and if you like modern art I would definitely recommend a trip round Tate Modern if you've never been. It's the one place that I always go to if I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your holidays!
    A new look sounds like a good idea - spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gail: thanks! The chocolate cake was good :)
    @Andy: I do like modern art and the Tate Modern is great. I've been there but I'll probably go to see it again (I always fo to as well).
    @arte: thanks, I like my new look by the way!

    ReplyDelete