Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's foggy today

and I feel a bit foggy too. It's of those days you feel fine but there's also a sense of sadness that makes my vision blurry. I still don't have a clear vision of my future and there are challenges this year too which seem bigger than me.

I was knitting (yes, the dog blanket) while watching Little Buddha last night. This wonderful movie made me think about strategies to cope with life challenges. We all have strategies or little tricks either to live better or to give a meaning to life. To me buddhism is a demanding but all encopassing philosophy to define a long term action and a tactic. I don't know if it's for me though. I have read several books on buddhism and when things fall apart I know where I have to look at to feel better. I just have to look inside instead of outside of me. The problem is that my spiritual journeys are far too short. One day I read the gospels and the next day I want to go to Tibet to mediate on life. There is no coherence in my spiritual quest. I don't even know if I'm spiritual at all. Besides, I am a "lonely wolf " meaning that I can't be part of a christian, buddhist or whatever group. I am allergic to groups even if I am a very social person. I have always read books on my own to figure out my own strategy. I'm not still there as I have lots of drafts but no definitive plannings.

In the meanwhile, I read Tolstoj.
All the efforts of several hundred thousand people, crowded in a small space, to disfigure the land on which they lived; all the stone they covered it with to keep it barren; how so diligently every sprouting blade of grass was removed; all the smoke of coal and naphtha; all the cutting down of trees and driving off of cattle could not shut out the spring, even from the city. (Resurrection)

... all the challenges could not shut out the spring, even from this difficult year.

2 comments:

  1. HI LOLA-

    Gret post - I feel your challenge and confusion. I applaud your continued quest.

    I am not part of any organized religion although I am firm and solid in my faith. It is between me and God/Jesus. Jesus, for me, is the more tangible and I like him and his teachings. And I like when you wrote that you look within for answers - me too - because "our truth" is all any of us have to offer and rely upon.

    Love to you
    Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail,
    I'm glad you are solid in your faith. I wish I could be as firm as you are.
    Jesus teachings are inspiring and very important to me.

    ReplyDelete