Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's foggy again (random thoughts)

and the humidity penetrates in my bones. However, I walk the dog almost every day. It keeps my mind clear and my body fit. I feel well, tomorrow I'll have my 6 weeks post surgery check up and I'm looking forward to ask some questions (can I run with my 38 kg. dog?!).

We saw an amazing movie (IT) last weekend. Italian cinema is NOT dead: Tornatore, Salvatores, Virzì and Ozpetek are very talented and should deserve much more attention. I completely disagree with Tarantino, the new Italian cinema is vital and I love it.

I work at home today. I've been focusing more lately but I'm still a little distracted. I guess the medical treatment and the surgery have played a big role (I'm pretty sure they have) but there should be something else that keeps me "emotionally detached" from what I do. I used to love my work whereas now I have a different approach. It's important but it's not "crucial" to me. I have put a lot of energy, love and efforts but now it seems as though everything has dried out. I don't know what's happening, perhaps I'm just trying to find a balance between my private life and my job.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lola-

    You are coming along so nicely on your healing journey. I also think that medical stuff makes us take "stock" of what's important - kind of like sorting and sifting, ya know?
    Enjoy your day
    Love Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, Gail. It makes us aware of LIFE.

    ReplyDelete