Friday, December 18, 2009

Strong and soft

We made bread yesterday night. Well, it made it to be honest and it's very good. I ate a slice with nutella this morning and it tasted fresh and soft. I got it as Christmas gift and it's a very useful one if you're looking for something different and helpful. One can do lots of things: from home bread baguette to jams. I'll do the orange jam in the weekend.
I've been very active since yesterday. I'm on two knitting projects now, the dog blanket and a scarf. As for the second, I'm using three lovely yarns I bought in Venice when I wasn't able to knit... few weeks ago. I still can't focus while reading and I don't get why. Perhaps my mind needs to recover from the surgery as well? My colleagues would be surprised to see me knitting or cooking. I'm not the one they have in mind, a tough woman always ready to deal with challenges and to go far away for her career. I'm also that kind of woman but I've recently found out I have what I call soft spots. I've been exporing other ways of being a woman in a mainly men working environment and also in my private life. I love my work but I also want to have kids and it shouldn't be a trade off which is often the case in Italy. I'm down to earth but I like creativity and while writing and researching are my passions, I love to make things with my hands instead of using only my brain all the time. I can write a paper but I can also bake, knit and write short stories and poetry. When I was younger I was only the strong one. Now I'm strong and soft at the same time and I do like it.

ps. I'm about to make chocolate chips muffins for my girlfriend who is coming over soon. It's her birthday's gift I hope she likes them. She is a beautiful Italian woman, the kind of woman who doesn't eat much though: fit, thin and perfect. She'll change her attitude after my muffins ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I DO really hope you keep this blog going. It sounds like it will be such an interesting journey with you redefining yourself. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do all my best to keep this blog going.
    Thanks for your support.
    :)

    ReplyDelete