Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas gifts?

I've started my knitting project. It's a simple but quite big dog blanket and it will take forever to finish it. I was planning to give it to my dog on Christmas day (!) but it is very unlikely that I will be done by next week. I'm an absolute beginner and I'm as slow as as turtle. I enjoy it, though. It doesn't make me think which is good for a volcanic mind like mine. The dog blanket is almost the only Christmas gift I've thought about (it tells a lot about my priorities, isn't it?!). I have two good excuses: I spent 10 days in Canada and then I had a surgery and now (even three!!), I'm recovering. I can't go out waisting money, what a blessing! I want to buy something for my partner, though. I'm planning to buy him a flight to London. I'm going there in April and he has never been there so it's a good chance to come over with me and spend 3-4 days in the UK. As for my girlfriends, I'll bake some cookies and yummie muffins. We don't exchange gifts but they've been so nice to me when I was in the hospital and I'd like to do something with my hands for them. I already bought a hat for one of my best friend (male) in Canada. My parents? This is tough, I have to think about it. I don't really care about Christmas gifts to be candid. Unless they are for me, of course.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember your baking from before. I bet your friends will be very happy. This year, it seems I shall be doing as I usually do - last minute (literally last few hours) with no ideas and hoping that I find something.

    This year with a slight twist - I haven't known F long enough to have a bloody clue! :-(

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He works in fashion, right?
    I wouldn't buy anything that has do it with it.. it's too challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he does. So clothes, shoes, etc. are out. As is any kind of jewelry (he doesn't wear anything - not even a watch) as are CDs (he has over 2000 so there's no way I can know which one (of his favourite singers) he doesn't have. I have bought some DVDs so at least I have something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Movies are always a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. We both like films and we also like a lot of the same type of films so it's a good present.

    ReplyDelete