Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I did it again

I know, it's unbelievable. Another adventure in the blogland. Nobody knows about this blog, except my "blogger friend" Andy who is likely to be my only reader. Neither my friends nor my partner have a clue about this crazy obsession of mine and I don't want to advertise this public-private spot. I did have quite a nice blog but then -as usual- while I was in Canada I had a chat with my friend about blogs and social networks and I changed my mind again. She strongly disapproves blogs and I didn't want her to be upset because I'd written something about my Canadian experience (I've proabably messed up the verbs here but I'm recovering from the surgery!).
As I mentioned, I'm recovering from a surgery I had one week ago. I feel fine, the surgery went well but the healing process is long. I have to stay at home for a month, no stress, I can't lift up heavy things and I can't even go out with my dog which sucks. My boy is too big.
I attempted reading light books in Italian but I couldn't focus due to anesthesia side effects. I tried again yesterday but I rather prefer watching crap on tv which is very unusual to me. What I can do is writing. I've written lots of emails all around the globe to reassure my friends and colleagues: I'm fine guys, don't worry. I can also read in English (just started this) but mostly I spend a great amount of time doing nothing. I feel good but probably my body and my mind need time to recharge the batteries. The less in on mind the better it is. However, I've missed writing and given the fact that I don't want to write in Italian for reasons I explained elsewhere, I will write here in English.
It's pretty cold here. I mean, I don't know exactely how cold it is outside but I'm surprised it hasn't snowed yet. I see few rays of light from my window and everything is still and quite. The dog is sleeping on the couch, I'm sure he's dreaming about running with me. Be patient baby, we'll run together soon.

2 comments:

  1. It is soooooo nice to see you back. This time, don't tell anybody. It'll be our little secret ;-)

    Glad to know the surgery went OK. Now you get some rest and I look foward to more stuff.

    Most people don't like blogs, I've found (or, rather, the fact that I'm a blogger) ....but that's only because they don't understand our obsession or motivation for doing it. ;-)

    Andy
    p.s. I can't do my normal signature. Don't know why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Grazie Andy. I have only 1 reader but it's a great one ;)

    I don't know why you can't do your normal signature, sorry about that (no idea how to fix it). I have troubles with my blogroll, blogpost works in a different way!

    ReplyDelete