Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sandro Veronesi

With regards to translations, I've found out that Quiet Chaos is available in English. I don't know if the translation is good though. It must have been challenging to translate the above mentioned book into English as the author has a very peculiar style.

As for XY, his last book, I must admit that is very good. I enjoyed Caos Calmo (Quiet Chaos) but I found it too long. It could have been -say- 100 pages shorter. XY is a thriller (or a mistery book? I'm not sure...) that revolves around 10 very strange murders which occur in a small and isolated mountain village, all 10 in one day at the same time. Nothing new, right? Fear somehow relates to the mountains (i.e. Misery, The Shining). The murders seem unrelated but they must be linked as the bodies are found in one place. What is interesting is that the reader experience the story through the perspectives of two characters and one of them has something to do with the murders due to a weird thing that happens to her the day when the bodies are found.

I'm reading it, it has been intriguing so far. Bravo Veronesi.

5 comments:

  1. And the last book? Should I get round to reading it? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. XY is the last book.
    yes, you should ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I meant the Memories of a Geisha (that WAS the one, wasn't it?) that you were reading. It's sat on my bookshelf for years and I've looked at it....often....but, I don't know, it just doesn't appeal for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, the Memories... sorry.
    Well, it's a very interesting book but you have to be in the "mood" to read it. I started few years ago and I had enough after 50 pages. This time it took me -say- more than 100 pages to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK. Maybe I should wait for the 'right' time? :-D

    ReplyDelete