Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1st

I have:
  1. 14 days to write a paper on a topic I don't like at all. Procastinating is not an option anymore. I should start thinking/writing right away but apparently I'm surfing on the Internet instead of focusing;
  2. to stick to my plan. It's going ok. I have cut down on travels, except for a couple of days in Rome in September and perhaps 3-4 days in Warsaw (November, I'm planning to visit my Polish friend). My partner will have few days off in October and I'd like to go to Istambul. We will see, we haven't decided yet as it depends on my job commitments as well. The "pregnancy plan" is still on the horizon, we will work on that! Pilates and Yoga classes will start in October, in the meanwhile I enjoy long walks with my big boy and I'm doing my best to increase consuption of integral cereals and healthy food (i.e. the crumble!!). I'm keeping this blog updated and I'm even more aware now that I DON'T have reasons to complain.

6 comments:

  1. ;-) - don't say 'procrastinating' - just say you like to work when you have a tight deadline. It sounds better!

    Warsaw is lovely but I would like to go back sometime, if I can without it being for work. The dumplings were amazing!

    I'm glad you're 'working on' the pregnancy plan :-D

    You're right. Neither you nor I have anything to complain about! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI LOLA-

    I lived in Turkey. Istanbul is quite "Americanized" but there are still amazing cultural, historical sites and traditions to behold.

    A baby huh? Oh it sounds lovely.

    Hug 'big-boy' for me.

    Love to you
    Gail
    peace and hope.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Andy: that's right, I like to work on tight deadlines ;)
    have you been there? This will be my first time but I'm glad I have a friend so that I'll be able to "taste" the real Warsaw.I'm looking forward to go to Poland.

    @Gail. Is it? I'm interested in the historical sites of course.
    Big boy is here is with me and say "ciao" :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I went there a couple of times for work, some years ago. The food was great but, because of work, I didn't get much chance to see the city itself. The thing I do remember, was reading an English magazine in the hotel, where the American Ambassador's wife wrote an article about how wonderful it was that there was a McDonald's in Warsaw! The arrogance made me so angry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food was great?? Are you sure?? ;)
    Oh my God, I can't believe it. Some people are so stupid.
    I can't even stand the idea of having McDonald's in wonderful cities such as Venice and Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm sure. It's not Italian, for certain, but was really nice. I had some sort of special dumpling - but I can't remember so well as it was many years ago. I love tasting food from different countries and only ever seem to remember the good bits :-D
    I don't like having McDonald's anywhere! Tasteless, over-salted and over-sweetened cr*§! I must admit, I was shocked the first time I saw a McDonald's in Italy. I couldn't believe that you would permit it here when you can go and get a slice of pizza or a piece of focaccia almost anywhere! Now that is REAL fast food :-)

    ReplyDelete