Friday, July 16, 2010

Radical self care

So now I have this plan (yet again! But this is something I am fully committed). I've recently come across this concept of radical self care which basically means a period of time devoted to one's self as far physical and pshychological balance are concerned. It's a lifestyle which entails self care tailored to one's specific emotional, psychological, physical needs.

My radical plan starts this month and ends (does it have to end?!) in 2011.
  1. What do I aim to achieve? I don't have specific goals (except for one, see the next point) as I don't feel unbalanced. However, we all deserve at some point few months to "heal" or recover from ... life! It doesn't mean that I'll quit my job, but I'll cut down on stress avoiding travels and commitments which are not inherently necessary. I am lucky as I can -to a certain extent- decide what I have and what I don't have to do. 
  2. Priorities. I/we do have one priority which is getting pregnant soon. This perhaps relates to the first point as one doesn't need stress if she wants to get pregnant. My gynechologist says that this is the very right time to try as -after the surgery- I am now ready to have a baby.  It might take from one month to a year so I definitely need a long term radical self plan! I will also try not to read all those books about pregnancy because I really want to embrace this experience in the more natural way.
  3. Physical and psychological strenght. I enjoyed Pilates very much, I'll sign up again for Pilates and also for Yoga classes at a tiny studio I really like. Moreover, long walks with big boy... which I had to stop few days ago because of the weather. It's too hot for us, we prefer air conditioning ;) While yoga enhaces the mental and psychological strenght, good books play a significant role too and I'd love to learn from inspiring books as much as I can.
  4. Food and diet. My diet is, I think, very balanced. However, I should cut down on sugar (few months ago my glycemic index was a bit high) and increase the consuption of integral cereals.
  5. Finding simplicity through inspirational resources such as Zen Habits and RowdyKittens. This is very important to me and I'll put all my efforts to "downsize" my life.
  6. Writing, namely keep this blog updated as it is part of my self care! Blogprolific means thinking about my life, exploring private stuff and sharing. It's been a stimulating journey so far.
  7. Enjoy what life brings me. I have no reason to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment