Saturday, March 6, 2010

Don't call me, please

Don't get me wrong: I do love my best friends. I love chatting with them and spending time with them and their families. What I can't stand is speaking on the phone for hours every single week. I don't see the point as there's the Internet and moreoever we see each other every -say- 8-10 days. It's fucking stupid to me to chat on the phone for 45 minutes (that's the average time for some of them) AFTER dinner when I'm usually tired and the last thing I want to do is speaking.

The problem is that I'm getting rude, sometimes I don't answer or I pretend to be too busy to call. S. is very similar to me: we write emails and make arrangements to meet up. There's NO need to chat on the phone. Another S. who -by the way- is very close to me doesn't understand me: she has to spend a certain amount of her life on the phone, otherwise it's not worth living. My male best friend doesn't live close to my hometown but still... what the hell can I do to avoid at least from 30 to 45 minutes every week? I hate waisting time on the phone. I do care about them but I wish they used the Internet just a little bit more.

... I'm supposed to be on the phone with one of the friends I mentioned above right now. But I've forgot (!!)  my mobile downstairs...sorry about that. It's saturday, don't you dare to call me please.

3 comments:

  1. That was a really funny post and made me laugh. I'm afraid I'm a bloke so hardly use the phone - the only exception is my Best Mate and I can stay on Skype with her for hours but, really, that's the only exception and we only see each other a couple of times a year if we're lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI LOLA-

    I am a phone addict - good thing I don't live near you, huh? :-)

    Love you
    Gail
    peace......

    ReplyDelete
  3. @arte and andy: I'm not the only one :), it's a big relief!
    I'm glad Andy that it made you laugh.
    @gail: really?! Addict, oh my ... ;)

    ReplyDelete