Saturday, December 19, 2009

Countdown to Christmas

I went out for a short walk with my big boy and my mum. We went food shopping for the Christmas period. My mum is planning to cook fish while I'll do the bread and the dessert. I'll probably bake Christmas cookies but I need some extra cutters. My family is very small, we'll be only 6 so there's no need to buy a huge amount of food. Besides, we don't live in the South where people start eating on Christmas Eve and go on for days! We'll have a light lunch and even a lighter dinner. The 25th might be boring if one does nothing -except for eating- that's why I'd love to go out at some point. A walk in the countryside with the boy might be a good idea as I do feel good! I can't walk much, though so I need plan b. I wish we had kids. Christmas is fun with them, actually is fun because of them. We have to wait for at least six months and I'm not sure wheter we're going to try right after to get pregnant for several reasons. This makes me sad but I doubt we'll find a way to deal with some practical problems by the end of next year. However, I cannot wait forever.

... he's outside now, shoveling the snow. I feel guilty because he doesn't know about this blog.

2 comments:

  1. I understand. But, never having had kids nor with the chance of having them, I've found Christmas is as fun as you make it. Of course, I realise it's your desire (both from here and the previous blog) but I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

    Yes, well, imagine how guilty I feel when, not only does he not know about the blog but also because I've put some quite intimate stuff in there :-). Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy.

    As far as the blog, I fully understand you now!

    ReplyDelete