Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Planning in advance




Ok, perhaps it’s a bit early to plan my Christmas gifts list but this year I really want to give a personal touch to the season. While I cannot hand-make everything, I can certainly knit at least two scarves for my best friends. S. & S. are very different from each other so the knitting patterns won’t be equal. I know their style and I’m committed to do something that will work with their preferences. I don’t want to spend a long time making a garment that will never be used! The main problem is that one of them is always very elegant and it seems challenging to match a knitting scarf with high heels or tailleurs unless it is a fashionable scarf … not sure I know how to do it. It is much easier to knit something (a scarf or a blanket) for my Canadian friend who is an easy going woman with NO interest in fashion.

Obviously I need to pick the right yarn and I already have in mind a couple of places for yarn shopping. I will shop with a family friend who offered to teach me how to knit a very nice and apparently easy pattern. I definitely need some advice.
However, those are just 3 gifts! What about my family & other friends/colleagues? Christmas cookies? Decorated coffee jars? I can’t come up with original ideas except for knitting projects. Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. Food is always good! Or maybe that's just me :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food, wine, the dear old book, a ticket for a day in a Spa (believe me, I'd like it very much and many of my friends will like it too), a pot(like a Wok), a CD, a carnet for theatre...Enough?

    ReplyDelete