Saturday, May 29, 2010

I woke up at 5 (and random thoughts)

and couldn't sleep anymore. This is my new "habit": I go to bed very early (10:15-30) and sleep right away but I wake up at 5 or 6 and can't get back to sleep. If one is in Rome in an hotel close to Villa Borghese it's even plesant as there are always people jogging in the park. But here I can't go out with big boy at 7 as there's literally no one and I don't feel safe.

I did have a good time in Rome alhought I spent a great amount of time alone. Perhaps I should better write because I spent time on my own. I'm fed up with people who don't listen but only talk about their brillant ideas and accomplishments. It's boring and I don't buy it. I can play a role, pretend to be interested but my mind is elsewhere. After a while though I have to run away from these kind of people.

Just found out there are several positions open all around the world for my job. I'm getting frustated here and I must admit I'm tempted to apply. It's not just the right time for me and my partner. I know I will regret it later and it's not a good feeling. Or perhaps I won't have regrets if things speed up a bit and we achieve our goals. I don't know how long I can wait though as I have been waiting for a long time.


2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued as to why you don't feel safe where you live. I mean, you live in the countryside, don't you?

    Most people don't listen - even you ;-) - you admit that your 'mind is elsewhere'. And, I think, everyone has to run away from these people from time to time.

    No. You won't regret it later. Or, rather, you should not regret it later. Things happen as they should. You can 'help them along' and, sometimes, you have a choice to make but, really what is meant to be will be. Or, at least, that's what I believe.

    Take me, for example. Everything I have done in the past has led me to where I am now. And I like where I am now (in all senses). Sure, life could be easier; there are things I could have done in the past which would have meant an easier life for me now - but I wouldn't be here, in this place, with a partner I love, doing the things that I do. Perfect, it isn't and, yet, it is quite perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i do live in the countryside and it's safe but I don't feel completely safe early in the morning as there is no one around.
    Probably you're right Andy. But I've been over tired lately and this doesn't help to put things in the right perspective. I'm happy for you and F. :)

    ReplyDelete