Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year resolution # 2

#1 is positive thinking and -surprisingly enough- I'm sticking to it.

The second is harder though: no more books in 2010. Namely, I don't want to buy books for the next 365 days for at least three reasons. First, I don't have enough space and more importantly I haven't read yet at least -say- 50 books I've bought. Last but not least, the paper waste. Now that I'm thinking about it, there's also another reason. I want to re-read some books either because I was too young to appreaciate them (Russian literature for instance) fully or because I don't remember the details. My family says that I won't stick to this one, it's far too much difficult to me. Ok, let's say 6 months ;)

The first day at work was fine... despite the fact that I was so excited to see my big boy this evening that I fell down and I almost broke my right foot. Overall the day was good and it was lovely to see my colleagues and my boss. And yes, he is planning a dinner. Honestly I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with.

Addictionally, my partner got a new job today which is a blessing for both of us.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lola-

    great day for you - and yes, when one's work team is good it is such a blessing. And good thing you didn't break your foot. I understand your excitement though. :-)

    My son has a gazillion books - even when he studied in Prague we had to ship most of his books because without them he feels so alone. He would never be able to not buy books for a year - soI applaud your resolution and know how hard it will be if you are anything like my son about books.

    Love to you
    Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?!
    I didn't ship my books when I was abroad but I think it's a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete